Professional development and training
The demand for professionals who can provide support and advice to cultural productions and institutions regarding sustainability is rapidly growing. This is due in no small part to funding institutions also increasingly requiring binding declarations of commitment and encouraging sustainable measures through targeted contributions. By undertaking training in sustainability consulting, you can actively shape the shift towards an environmentally friendly creative industry. You will find a range of certified courses, seminars and workshops in Switzerland and abroad below.
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU)
- HSLU together with Focal created the new CAS Green Consultant. It is the first training programme in Switzerland that covers sustainability for all film and media productions.
- The Foundation for professional training in cinema and audiovisual media (Focal) occasionally organises seminars in the field of sustainable filmmaking. If you are interested, check the Focal website regularly for updates.
- The German federal association Bundesverband Green Film & TV Consultants provides a wealth of information on the job outline and scope of duties of a green consultant, plus links to various training courses, seminars and initiatives.
- Together with Stuttgart Media University, media and film company MFG Baden-Württemberg offers a modular training course to become a certified green consultant.
- Since 2020, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Academy for Munich and Upper Bavaria has been offering a certified online training course for filmmakers who want to become a green consultant for film and TV.
- The Transformationsmanager:in Nachhaltige Kultur online course was jointly developed by the culture and media sustainability network Aktionsnetzwerk Nachhaltigkeit in Kultur und Medien, the Cologne Chamber of Commerce and Industry and private company Energieagentur.NRW.
- In addition to various webinars, the Lower Austrian Film Commission also offers an in-depth training course for professional filmmakers who want to become a green consultant. The next courses start in September 2021 and January 2022.
- With its Green Film Lab workshops, TorinoFilmLab offers filmmakers practical and project-based training that covers sustainable production methods. The three-day workshops are held across Europe.
The topic of sustainability is steadily becoming more relevant and reaching a wider audience. Honing the necessary skills and applying knowledge strategically and in a practical manner can be a big challenge. A sustainability consultant helps with maintaining an overview, identifying the most effective measures within a project and finding simple ways to make hectic day-to-day business more sustainable. You will find a range of consultants working in Switzerland and abroad below.
Are you a sustainability consultant with experience in the cultural industry? Then please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Carina Kaiser from razzia production is a certified Green Consultant. She offers sustainability consulting for the entire film production process, from green storytelling to distribution. In addition, she is involved with the production company Rough Cat in the area of sustainability.
- Green film action (GFA) is a network for a sustainable film and cultural scene in Switzerland. With its online platform, the GFA promotes the exchange of experience and the networking of various players in the film and culture sector.
- Zurich-based staub-nachhaltigkeit.ch assists with strategy development and the elaboration and implementation of customised sustainability concepts in the cultural industry and a number of other sectors.
- Martina Wyrsch from tiefgruen.ch in Zurich helps organise sustainable events and consults on situation analysis, action planning and process development.
- With offices in Zurich and Basel, carbotech.ch offers consulting services covering sustainable events, art and culture, plus other specialist areas.
- Consultancy firm ClimatePartner supports filmmakers and media professionals in working in an environmentally friendly way. Its advisory capacity ranges from the development of an appropriate strategy to the detailed calculation of a production’s carbon emissions.
- You can find a list of certified green consultants and service providers at Bundesverband Green Film & TV Consultants.
- In collaboration with external sustainability managers, MFG Baden-Württemberg supports the implementation of an environmentally sustainable production method.
- In Germany and Switzerland, the sustainability network for art and culture Netzwerk Nachhaltigkeit in Kunst und Kultur (2N2K) supports artists, cultural institutions, organisations and initiatives in the cultural sector in developing, introducing and successfully implementing sustainability strategies and activities.
- Founded in 2012 by the Austrian Institute of Ecology, pulswerk provides advice that spans many areas of planning and implementing sustainable solutions.
- On its website, the Lower Austrian Film Commission (LAFC) lists green film consultants who have successfully completed their training.
- Earth Angel is a renowned full-service production partner offering consulting services in the entertainment industry.